I am a Creative Industries and Economic Development executive with extensive experience in Film, Television, Digital Media, Publishing, and Arts Management. I’ve worked for multi-billion NYC corporations like Nickelodeon and other MTV Networks companies, and have done grassroots community organizing in the Capital Region, and everything in between.
I WANT TO HELP YOU MAKE AN IMPACT.
Co-founder, LIQUIDFORM CONSULTING
LEAD CONSULTANT, CapNY Regional Brand Initiative, September 2019 – Present
· Leader, strategist and spokesperson of a multi-sector, 8-county initiative to brand the Capital Region as a million-resident, culturally vibrant, millennial- and Gen Z-centric destination for talent attraction and business investment.
· Raised over $500K from a broad base of investors
· Development and testing of creative concepts
· Rollout slated for Spring 2021
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Upstate Alliance for the Creative Economy, a Project of the Center for Economic Growth, Aug. 2016 – Present
· Founder and Executive Director of an 8-county not-for-profit organization that promotes and elevates the creative industries as an economic driver of the Capital Region. Founded in 2016, ACE:
o Forges alliances between diverse private businesses, not-for-profit organizations, government, and individuals
o Produced nearly 100 innovative networking events, tours and informational meetings that have engaged thousands of individuals
o Develops and shares engaging and outstanding social media and newsletter content
o Conducts and deploys creative economy research
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Spring Street Gallery, Saratoga Springs, NY, June 2011 – Nov. 2019
· Director and curator of award-winning not-for-profit art and performance space that promotes the arts as a means of civic and social engagement. Spring Street Gallery raises funds and awareness by presenting art exhibitions, readings, lectures, forums, workshops, films, and concerts with a wide range of for-profit and not-for-profit partners, including Skidmore College, Saratoga Film Forum, Saratoga Arts, Saratoga PLAN, Drilling for Hope, Women’s Global Giving Circle, Sustainable Saratoga, Saratoga Hospital, The Adirondack Trust Company, and many more.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, Saratoga Arts Fest, Saratoga Springs, NY, Jan. 2015 – Dec. 2016
· Creator and founder of Arts Fest Fridays, a series of collaborative, multi-genre, themed arts events developed by changing production teams of varying age, experience and background. Arts Fest Fridays replaced a failing Saratoga Arts Fest model, resulting in threefold audience growth and one-third reduction in cost.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Nordlys Foundation, Saratoga Springs, NY, Nov. 2006 – Present
· Director of grantmaking for charitable foundation with a wide range of local, regional, national and international interests. During her tenure, Nordlys Foundation has granted over $2 million in strategic investments.
DIRECTOR, Linell Lands, November 2006 – Present.
· Manage landmark properties and buildings in Saratoga Springs, providing affordable space for a dynamic mix of for-profit and not-for-profit tenants.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/SITE DIRECTOR, NickJr.com, Nickelodeon Networks, 2001–2004
· Directed all aspects of creative and technical production and marketing for the world’s largest internet site for parents and preschoolers, successfully executing both creative and business goals, while establishing NickJr.com as an innovative and intrinsic part of the multi-billion-dollar Nickelodeon family of brands.
· Managed 34 employees across Art, Production, Technology and Marketing Departments
· Designed and integrated multi-million-dollar content and advertising for McDonald’s, Toyota, Ford, Kraft, Mattel, the Clinton Foundation and many other international brands.
· Created on-air, print, and publicity campaigns; participated in multi-million branding and research initiatives; integrated Nick Online marketing and content with Nick and MTV lines of business, including On-Air, Consumer Products, Theme Parks, Feature Films, Magazines, and Publishing.
· Executive produced some of the world’s first 3-D online games.
MARKETING DIRECTOR, NickJr.com, NickatNite.com, TVLand.com, 1999 –2001.
· Established Online Marketing departments for three MTV Networks / Nickelodeon brands.
· Produced on-air/online content, including audience-participation game shows, show launches (including the two-year show launch for billion-dollar property Dora the Explorer), and on-air/online advertising campaigns.
MARKETING DIRECTOR, Scholastic.com, 1997 – 1999
· Member of 12-person McKinsey & Company workgroup that created Scholastic’s first online strategic plan, including the design and build Scholastic.com, the online portal for the world’s largest children’s publishing house.
· Successfully implemented all aspects of McKinsey online marketing plan into Scholastic’s $1 billion lines of business.
· Integrated and leveraged Harry Potter book series for online sales and promotion programs.
MARKETING MANAGER, Scholastic Inc., 1995 – 1997
· Managed paperback product line for school-based literacy programs across the country, offering discounts, hands-on support and millions of dollars of charitable contributions.
MARKETING COORDINATOR, PolyGram Filmed Entertainment, 1993 – 1995
· Managed consumer and trade marketing for video releases of 30 groundbreaking indie feature films including The Usual Suspects, Fargo, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Dead Man Walking, and manmore.
MARKETING ASSISTANT, National Film Board of Canada – 1991 – 1993
Fordham University Graduate School of Business, Marketing, 1995 – 1998
American Film Institute, Los Angeles, CA, Master of Fine Arts, Screenwriting, 1989
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. Bachelor of Arts, English, Minor Economics, 1987
New York University School of Continuing Ed., Certificate in Philanthropy and Grantmaking, 2015 Union Graduate College Non-Profit Leadership Development Institute, Class of 2013, The Foundation Center, New York, NY: Grantwriting, Outcome Management, Budgeting
WordPress, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Basic Design, Project Management (PMP Trained).
Board Member, Greene County Council of the Arts; Mentor, Mission Accomplished Transition Services; Mentor, Skidmore College; Board, President Emeritus, Saratoga Film Forum; Board, Saratoga Arts Fest.
YWCA Resourceful Women Award for Entrepreneurship; Community Foundation for the Capital Region Creative Catalyst Award; Hollywood Reporter Key Art Award, Copywriting, Fargo.