I am a seasoned Marketing and Branding professional with over 25 years of experience in pushing boundaries and elevating brands through innovative tactics and strategic planning. From experiential marketing to social media content creation to comprehensive research projects, I have helped brands like Nike, Target, NFL Network, CDTA and Sackatoga Stable raise their profile and create deeper consumer connections.
I WANT TO HELP YOU REACH MORE CUSTOMERS.
Co-founder, LIQUIDFORM CONSULTING
OWNER, Get It Dunn, LLC, Saratoga Springs, NY, Current
Owner of boutique Marketing & Research firm focused on working with clients to push boundaries, explore new opportunities and provide fresh insight as pathways to build business, retain current clients and acquire new clients clients.
Capital Region Brand Initiative – Founding member of the Capital Region Brand Initiative, a branding campaign for the Capital Region as a Talent Attraction tool. Messaging brings to light the Region’s value proposition and establishes it as a legitimate player using opportunistic marketing strategies focused on Millennials and Gen Z populations.
- Lead focus groups to ascertain unique branding proposition, collect data and test creative.
- Crafted brief for Regional Identity resulting in selected creative campaign that tested positively with focus groups.
- Helped develop website, designed master layout and produced intro video for homepage.
- Attracted over 15k followers across social media platforms without use of paid ads or placements.
- Conceptualized, designed & marketed merchandise leading to $43k in sales & a $12k donation to local charities.
- Plan, promote and execute on all special events, livestreams and fundraisers.
CDTA (via OverIt) – Wrote and presented rationale for brand mnemonic to Marketing Director resulting in a new sonic brand for CDTA and incremental business for OverIt.
Saratoga Performing Arts Center – Worked directly with CEO on funding presentation for Park for The Arts, which helped secure over $2MM in public grants.
PROJECT MANAGER, Otter Inspirations, Boca Raton, FL, March 2014 – April 2017
Project Manager overseeing estates and serving as Executive Assistant to the former principal owner of the Houston Rockets (NBA team). Worked directly with the CEO, General Manager and Security Team. Oversaw a geographically diverse staff onsite and remotely. Received performance-based bonuses every year. Resigned to relocate to New York.
- Maintained 8 residential and investment properties valued at approximately $168M. Opened/closed homes for the season, and supervised staffs. Negotiated contracts with vendors and monitored their performance.
- Transitioned project-management to a proactive approach that eliminated bottlenecks, included contingency plans, and allowed projects to be completed on or ahead of schedule.
- Directed 2 large construction efforts collectively budgeted at $1M. Negotiated contracts with more than a dozen contractors and provided full-lifecycle oversight. Completed both on time and on-budget.
- Created a sales campaign and marketing collateral for the disposition of a Bridgehampton, NY commercial building. Developed a floor plan for review by the leasing agent and property owners to assist with negotiations.
- Vetted all incoming requests for donations and determined which requests were viable for funding consideration. Read tax returns to ascertain financial stability. Maintained list of approved charities/organizations used for all future solicitations.
CO-FOUNDER & EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, Criminal Music, Miami, FL & Los Angeles, CA, January 2012 – March 2014
Co-Founder & Executive Producer of a music branding and commercial production company. Created music programs and jingles to promote products and brands that included Coca-Cola, Target and Kia. Negotiated exclusive agreements with musicians and writing teams throughout the US.
- Managed projects from conception to conclusion. Conducted research, selected musical and vocal talent, established and administered budgets, interfaced with clients, and delivered finished products.
- Networked with industry colleagues to secure a contract for a Coca-Cola campaign that aired worldwide. Coordinated actions with an Australia-based ad agency and an artist in California. Brought the job in under budget to save the client $10K.
- Chosen to work with approximately 12 other music houses to produce a Target holiday campaign. Midway through the project, the primary agency changed direction, and all music houses were dismissed except for Criminal Music/Lovey D (based on the quality of services). The project closed with a profit.
PRODUCTION DIRECTOR & HEAD OF NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, DeepMix, Los Angeles, CA, October 2008 – January 2012
- Led a turnkey music program for Palm’s Centro mobile phone. Developed roadmaps, artists’ contracts and in-store promotions as well as bought media. Completed the project on-schedule and 50% under budget, saving $100K.
- Negotiated an agreement with a chart-topping artist and managed all production for an international campaign. Surpassed net profit expectations by 30%.
- Handled 2 back-to-back projects for international advertising agencies with clients that included Nike. Generated a $160K profit on combined contract values of $300K, well above the standard $15K per project.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER & HEAD OF OPERATIONS, Ten Music, Los Angeles, CA, May 2001 – September 2008
- Managed client relationships at several agencies and more than 80 record labels. Directed projects with agencies-of-record for Coca-Cola, Toyota, Nike, the NFL, McDonald’s, Target and BMW.
- Led a branding project for Nissan Motors designed to create psychological associations by linking specific music with the brand’s target demographics. Worked with a budget deemed too restrictive to achieve goals. Met all objectives and brought the project in under budget.
- Opened a new revenue stream by developing a self-standing music supervision website that was an innovative tool for advertising agencies.
ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, Deutsch LA, Los Angeles, CA, September 1995 – May 2001
- Helped grow the business to 300+ employees. Received 4 promotions during 6-year tenure.
- Oversaw the new account services team and held fiscal responsibility for production budgets that ranged from $2M to $80M.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Penn State University, State College, PA
- The Business of Music, Continuing Education, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Music Publishing, Continuing Education, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Technology: MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Hootsuite, WordPress, Pages, Numbers & Keynote, Wix, WordPress, iMovie, Quicktime, Planoly
- Franklin Community Center – Host Committee
- Saratoga Preservation Foundation – Marketing Committee
- Diversity in Marketing Apprenticeship Program – In Production